Business Development Manager
Aviato Academy has the ambition to become the center of excellence for learning and development related to airport and aviation. It is an agile organization, quickly responding to market trends. Aviato Academy strives to be a trusted and qualitative training partner..
Aviato Academy provides a central platform for all training and education and offers a wide portfolio of courses in and outside aviation that support lifelong learning and the development of competencies and skills
Various collaborations with airport companies, as well as with existing and new providers of training and education, are or will be set up.
Aviato Academy's business is growing strongly and rapidly. The results are going in the right direction and the turnover has tripled compared to the budget. Aviato Academy is at a point where it becomes crucial to invest in staff.
To support this growth process we are looking for a Business Development Manager (F/M/X).
In close cooperation with the General Manager, drawing up, implementing and executing the commercial strategy with the aim of making Aviato Academy the reference in the field of training and education, initially at Belgian airports and in the future also internationally.
Together with the Training Developer, you will be accountable for the commercialization of Aviato Academy’s offerings.
- Develop contacts within the airport community, and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Negotiate collaborations and conclude contracts with clients and service providers
- Supervise the implementations/integrations of the various learning platforms of the airport companies in the learning platform of Aviato Academy
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer long term relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- You are in possession of a Master’s degree
- You have relevant experience in learning & development, training, HR management, and / or leadership development (experience in aviation/airport industry would be an asset)
- Broad experience in a business development function, preferably within start-up and/or scale-up environments
- You have a no-nonsense mentality, and you are accessible, customer centric, and a goalgetter
- You are a hands-on manager with a 'can do' and entrepreneurial mentality
- You have strong communication and negotiation skills, the necessary commercial flair to convince airport companies and service providers of the added value of Aviato Academy
- In addition, you have extensive experience with stakeholder management and know how to build a professional network
- You are an innovative and flexible thinker who can take others along in change
- Ik kan met anderen samenwerken aan één taak met één doel. We helpen elkaar daarbij en we komen op voor elkaar.
- Ik kan een vooropgesteld resultaat bereiken met de afgesproken kwaliteit
- Ik houd rekening met de wensen en de behoeften van klanten, kennissen en vrienden. Ik respecteer de mening van de klant.
- Ik kan me goed aanpassen als de werkomgeving, de mensen, de arbeidsregeling verandert.
Aviato Academy is the epitome of a bottom-up organization. Our entire knowledge platform and all our trainings are based on the communities inside the Airport & Aviation Industry. Collaboration with expert partners such as Air Cargo Belgium, ACI, Aviato vzw, Brussels Airport Company, Educavia, AM&TS, IATA, Logos and VOKA demonstrate the quality of the training services offered to our industry by Aviato Academy.
You can count on a permanent contract of indefinite duration (40h per week) with 12 ADV days per year, on top of the legal holidays and public holidays.
You will receive a competitive salary in addition several benefits such as a company car with fuel card, laptop,mobile phone as well as eco-cheques, mealvouchers, hospitalisation - and group insurance.
Also, you will be part of a growing organisation and a very dynamic team.